Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Skull Mountain

Knocked this out in a day... I think that's a record, and I'm pretty pleased with it considering how long I spent on it. HOWEVER my color profiles between photoshop and painter did not match and I didn't catch it until I was finished so the colors are all over the place :[ I think I'm done fiddling with it for now.... Frustrating.
This has a ways to go yet... trying a different approach to laying in a painting and I think it's working out nicely :) I will need some color adjustments at the end.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Almost have the island finished! It's starting to come alive :) I also made the foreground subjects slightly darker to pop them forward and create more distance.
Adding more details to the island and strengthening the directional light source.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Steampunk WIP2

Starting to lay in color, value and create distance.

Steampunk airship landing - WIP

I've started by establishing the composition and light source as well as a blue undertone which will work nicely for the sky and shadows to create atmosphere.